City of Deadwood

Deadwood, SD

about

City of Deadwood

Berggren Architects were retained to assist the City of Deadwood with the completion of their Conservation Assessment Program grant which they received for multiple city owned historic structures.

 

Location

Deadwood, SD

Build Date

1897

Additional Info

The Fremont, Elkhorn and Missouri Valley Railroad Passenger Station, originally constructed circa 1897, served for many years as City Hall and Fire Station.  In 1991 the structure was restored and adapted to serve as the City’s Information and Visitor’s Center.  It still serves in this capacity today.

The City of Deadwood retained Berggren Architects as their historic architect to assess the four city owned historic structures which contribute to the site.  This assessment was completed in association with Conservator Terri Schindel.

City of Deadwood